10 Jun Online interviews made easy
Whilst technology has provided us with an efficient communication gateway, it is still a communication method a lot of us are getting used to and video-call-etiquette is currently a much-discussed topic.
We have heard stories from our colleagues in the recruitment industry of interviewees eating snacks mid interview, presenting in their pyjamas and even getting their partner to answer the interview questions on their behalf.
The golden rule of online interviews is they should imitate as closely as possible the experiences you would have in a traditional face to face interview.
To put that into context, think of how absurd it would be if you wore pyjamas, took a video call from your partner or started to eat in the middle of a traditional face to face interview.
While it is easy to adopt a more casual demeanour when taking a call from home, it is still important to put your best self forward.
Here are our top tips in assuring you have the best opportunity for success with your online interview and recruitment activities:
- Prior to the interview, test the technology. Check whether you need specific software in your compute or smart phone and ensure that both the camera and the audio is clear
- Conduct the interview in a quiet, well-lit space with minimal distractions
- Present as you would for a face to face interview – this takes minimal effort and has maximum impact
- Take a moment to get into the right mindset, think about what you would like to learn from the person/ business you are conducting the interview with.
- Employers, this is your opportunity to promote the culture and benefits of being part of your company
- Candidates, let the interviewer know the skills and qualities you hold that would attribute to you being a great fit for the role
The use of video as an interview method is here to stay, completing these simple tips will help the process run as smoothly as possible.
We wish you the best of luck with your online recruiting and please reach out to us on 1300365606 or by email if you require any further support.