15 Jul Additional $4,000 for the employers of Adult Apprentices!
Under the Support for Adult Australian Apprentices Program, the Federal Government is offering an additional $4,000 incentive to the employers of adult apprentices.
An adult apprentice is defined as being aged 21 years or over if they commenced their apprenticeship on or after 1 July 2019, or 25 years or over if they commenced prior to 1 July 2019.
This financial incentive is available to all occupations that are on the National Skills Needs List. Notably, the following apprenticeships are included on this list:
- Certificate 3 in Electrotechnology (Electrician)
- Certificate 3 Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration; and
- Certificate 3 Plumbing (Mechanical Services)
To be eligible for the Support of Adult Australian Apprentices incentive, employers of adult apprentices must ensure:
- the wage paid to your adult apprentice is greater than the National Award Minimum Wage
- the adult apprentice is 21 years or older (if apprenticeship is commenced on or after 1 July 2019) or 25 years or older (if apprenticeship is commenced prior to 1 July 2019)
- The adult apprentice has successfully completed 12 months of their Australian Apprenticeship.
For the full suite of apprenticeship support and incentives available, click here.
If you are interested in hearing more on the financial incentives available to the employers of apprentices or are interested in employing an apprentice or trainee, please email email@example.com or call us on 1300 365 606.
Lastly, if you already have an apprentice in mind to employ that meets this criteria, please contact your Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) to apply for your Support for Adult Australian Apprentices incentive.