23 Mar 50% ApPrenticeship and traineeship wage subsidy fast facts
Earlier in the month, the Federal Government rebooted the highly successful Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements Wage Subsidy.
During the first round of this wage subsidy, the Add Staff Group were successful in working with our clients and candidates in securing over $810,000 in Wage Subsidy funds for our clients’ respective businesses.
We’re excited to be working with more businesses during the second rollout of this wage subsidy to help recruit eligible candidates and secure incentive funds!
Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements Fast Facts
- Under this incentive, the Federal Government will reimburse 50% of wages of newly employed apprentices and trainees for the first year of employment.
- This equates to a maximum of $7,000 per employee per quarter.
- The Wage Subsidy is uncapped and available to any business of any side and in any region.
- It is open to recommencing apprenticeships.
- The Wage Subsidy is only available to businesses that employ apprentices or trainees before 30 September 2021.
- This extension applies to apprentices and trainees already on the scheme. Meaning for businesses who already employed an apprentice or trainee in the first round of the Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy, their wage subsidy will be turned into a full 12-month wage subsidy from the date of commencement.
- This is a $1.2 billion wage subsidy scheme intending to create over 70,000 new apprenticeships and traineeships nationally.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting government incentive or would like to commence recruiting a new apprentice or trainee for your team, please contact Nadia on1300365606 or email email@example.com.