04 May Master Electrician’s industry roadshow
Master Electricians Roadshow
Kicking off in April, our colleagues at Master Electricians will be hosting their annual Roadshow series at locations across Australia.
The Master Electrician’s Roadshow will cover over the following topics
1. AS/NZS 5033
There are significant proposed changes to AS/NZS 5033 – Installation and Safety Requirements for Photovoltaic (PV) Arrays. The changes include:
- Usage of DC roof top isolators;
- Changes to maximum DC voltage;
- New safety requirements for the location of DC cables;
- Changes to the 350 Watt PV module limit;
- New solar system layout map requirements;
- Updated PV array earthing clauses.
This is your chance to understand the proposed changes, the potential impact on your business, and to have your say.
2. Change Out Rate Trends
Master Electricians have surveyed electrical contractors from across Australia and the results are in! This is a great opportunity to look deeper into the charge out rate trends
3. Electrical Safety Act
Master Electricians’ CEO Malcolm Richards is on the Electrical Safety Act Review Committee. He will discuss the proposed changes and there is the opportunity to give input to identify other issues and challenges the Committee should consider as part of the review.
4. A2 Amendment – Wiring Rules Update
Important update on the key changes. This includes:
- Powered testing of RCDs
- Switchboard verification requirements
- Lighting circuits changes
- New requirements for common residential areas
- Non-domestic bathroom equipment changes
- Power boards banned in certain spaces
- Testing Polarity and correct connections merged
The Add Staff team are looking to attend as many of these events, so if you have any recruitment, Government grants or apprenticeships questions please come up and say hello to one of our friendly staff!
These events are a free industry briefing, open to all electrical contractors and we look forward to meeting you at the events!
For more information, click here.